Personal Study Plan
A personal study plan will help you and your teacher tutor keep track of the progress and direction of your studies. The objective is compiling a degree that meets your personal goals and preferences.
All the students majoring in English Philology produce their personal study plans at the beginning of their studies. The plans are updated and discussed with teacher tutors in the course of the studies.
Checkpoints for Personal Study Plans (PSP=HOPS, Henkilökohtainen opintosuunnitelma)
- At the beginning of the studies
- At the beginning of the Bachelor's Seminar and Thesis course
- At the beginning of the Master's studies
English Philology offers a general Walk-in Study Guidance Session every Friday at 10-11 in HU275. The sessions start this semester on 20 Jan 2017 and they run until 26 May 2017. In addition to that, the following people in English Philology are ready to give guidance and support in your studies.
- All the incoming major subject students are assigned a peer tutor (a senior student). If you are not in a peer group, please contact Andrew Pattison.
All the incoming major subject students are assigned also a teacher tutor.
- Intake 2017: Maarit Siromaa, Andrew Pattison & Eric Sandberg
- Intake 2016: Maarit Siromaa, Andrew Pattison & Eric Sandberg
- Intake 2015: Pentti Haddington, Tiina Keisanen & Maarit Siromaa
- Intake 2014: Pentti Haddington, Tiina Keisanen & Maarit Siromaa
- Intake 2013: Pentti Haddington & Tiina Keisanen
- Intakes up to 2012: Leena Kuure (English subject teacher option) & Elise Kärkkäinen (English Philology)
General study guidance
- Maarit Siromaa
- Exchange studies: Steven Coats
- Training/Work Practice: Juha-Pekka Alarauhio
- also other members of staff
- Helena Karjalainen (Secretary of Student Affairs; WebOodi, exams, sign-up, course credits, compiling study packages)
- Kari Kaskela (Chief Academic Officer; student affairs, degrees)
Student Center in the University of Oulu
- Services on information technologies, admissions, registration, financial aid (study grants) and sports, etc.
- Student Counselling Psychologist
Last updated: 11.1.2017